- Privacy Statement
2. npa24:7 and Home Emergency Experts are trading styles of Nationwide Property Assistance Limited.
3. Details of you, your insurance cover under this policy and claims will be held by us (acting as data controllers) for underwriting, policy administration, claims handling, providing home emergency assistance, complaints handling, sanctions checking and fraud prevention, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection law and in accordance with the assurances contained in our website privacy notice.
4. We collect and process these details as necessary for performance of our contract of insurance with you or complying with our legal obligations, or otherwise in our legitimate interests in managing our business and providing our products and services. These activities may include:
- a. use of sensitive information about the health or vulnerability of you or others involved in your home emergency, in order to provide the services described in this policy and processed on the basis of substantial public interest;
- b. disclosure of information about you and your insurance cover to companies within the AXA group of companies, to our service providers and agents in order to administer and service your insurance cover, to provide you with home emergency assistance, for fraud prevention, to collect payments, and otherwise as required or permitted by applicable law;
- c. monitoring and/or recording of your telephone calls in relation to cover for the purposes of record-keeping, training and quality control;
- d. obtaining and storing any relevant and appropriate photographic evidence of the condition of your property which is the subject of the claim, for the purpose of providing services under this policy and validating your claim; and
- e. sending you feedback requests or surveys relating to our services, and other customer care communications.
5. We will separately seek your consent before using or disclosing your personal data to another party for the purpose of contacting you about other products or services (direct marketing). Marketing activities may include matching your data with information from public sources in order to send you relevant communications. You may withdraw your consent to marketing at any time, or opt-out of feedback requests, by contacting our office.
6. We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy. You may also have the right to transfer your data to other providers.
7. You have a right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our retention policy.
8. You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by computer.
9. Our underwriter, Inter Partner Assistance and AXA Assistance carry out these activities within the UK and in and outside of the European Economic Area (the European Union plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) and Switzerland, across which the data protection laws provide a similar level of protection. If we have to transfer information to a third country outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies.
10. By purchasing this policy and using our services, you acknowledge that we may use your personal data as described above.
11. You are entitled on request to a copy of the information we hold about you, and you have other rights in relation to how we use your data (as set out in our website privacy notice – see below). Please let us know if you think any information we hold about you is inaccurate, so that we can correct it.
12. If you want to know what information is held about you by Inter Partner Assistance or AXA Assistance, or have other requests or concerns relating to our use of your data, please write to them at:
Data Protection Officer
106-118 Station Road
UK Email: email@example.com
The full data privacy notice is available at: www.axa-assistance.co.uk. Alternatively, a hard copy is available from them on request.
13. If you want to know what information is held about you by npa24:7, please write to us at:
210-222 Hagley Road West
There may be a charge for this service, as permitted by law. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected promptly. Information about you is only held for so long as it is appropriate for the above.
14. As the data subject, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner, this can be done via www.ico.org.uk or by calling 03203 123 1132.
If you are interested in working with NPA, please use the form below to get in touch with us.
All fields marked * are required.